As part of the Trailhead User Authentication - Secure Your Users' Identity module I enabled Two-Factor authentication for a user in my developer org.
Upon logging in with the user required to use 2FA I now get the following prompt to download the "Salesforce Authenticator from the App Store or Google Play":
As a Windows Phone / Windows 10 Mobile user this wasn't really an option for me.
- Use the "Choose Another Verification Method" link at the bottom of the "Connect Salesforce Authenticator" page.
- Choose "Use verification codes from an authenticator app"
- Start the Authenticator app on your phone. Use the "add" app bar button. Use the "Scan" button.
- Optionally tap the new entry to give it a more meaningful name.
- Use the generated code to complete the authentication process.